Private Hire and Hackney Carriage Licensing Policy – Consultation
We're looking to introduce a comprehensive policy that provides a single point of contact for all information regarding the licensing and safe use of hackney carriage and private hire vehicles.
The draft policy is now open for consultation.
If you use taxis (hackney carriages or private hire), work in the taxi trade or are involved in the industry in any way, we'd value your feedback on the proposals.
The consultation runs from Monday 29th March 2021 to Sunday 27th June 2021.
- Department for Transport update re use of face coverings (15.06.20)
- Reintroduction of vehicle testing (08.06.20)
- Requirement for passengers to wear face coverings on public transport (08.06.20)
- Covid-19 guide for taxi drivers/operators (02.06.20)
- Use of safety screens/partitions in licensed vehicles (20.05.20)
- Advice letter from Department for Transport (13.05.20)
- Financial support for self-employed and businesses (07.04.20)
- Driver, Vehicle and Operator renewal update (30.03.20)
- Department for Transport – Advice for taxi drivers (25.03.20)
- Medical self-certify form (PDF)
Taxi and private hire information
- Taxi and Private Hire Newsletter July 2019 (PDF)
- Taxi driver assessment tests (Blue Lamp Trust)
- Taxi licence fees and payment form (DOC)
- Hackney carriage fare card (PDF)
- Taxi ranks in Lancaster and Morecambe (PDF)
- Hackney and Private Hire licences, application forms and fees
- Conviction policy and guidelines (PDF)