Privacy settings

Apply for housing benefit and council tax support

Housing Benefit - Are you eligible?

You can only make a new claim to Housing Benefit if:

  • You are a pensioner
  • You live in supported or specified accommodation (if you are not sure if this applies to you then please call the Benefits Team on 01524 582965)
  • You live in temporary accommodation and have been placed there by the council’s housing options team

If you don’t fall into one of these categories and need help with your housing costs you should apply for Universal Credit from the DWP at

Council Tax Support

If you need help with your Council Tax please apply to us using the link below.

Last updated: 29 September 2022

Lancaster City Council logogram

Cookies policy

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential, while others help us to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.

Review your privacy settings