Garden waste - what can I put in my bin?
Please use your green wheeled bin for compostable garden waste only:
- Grass cuttings
- Prunings from shrubs and twigs
- Weeds, bulbs and dead flowers
- Unwanted plants and leaves
- Bedding from vegetarian pets
- Fallen fruit
Please do not put any of the following items in your green bin:
- Food waste including meat, fruit, vegetables and egg shells*
- Soil or turf
- Plastic bags
- Stones, rocks and rubble
- Garden pots and ornaments
*Food waste includes any fruit or vegetables and peelings that have been prepared in your kitchen. This is a requirement of the Animal By-Product Regulations, due to the potential for cross-contamination with animal products and the subsequent spread of animal diseases like foot and mouth.
Last updated: 31 October 2022