Privacy settings

Noise - Taking your own action

In some circumstances the council may be unable to act on behalf of a person who has made a nuisance complaint. This may be due to the type of problem, the circumstances of the case or lack of evidence. Even if we cannot take action there is a range of independent action that you can take. This includes complaining directly to the magistrates’ court under Section 82 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 (as amended). Though rarely used, this procedure is simple and need not be expensive.

Last updated: 04 March 2019

Lancaster City Council logogram

Cookies policy

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential, while others help us to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.

Review your privacy settings