Home Upgrade Grant
The Government’s Home Upgrade Grant is available to residents of the Lancaster district.
The grant amount is dependent on the EPC rating of your property and how it is currently heated but can be up worth up to £25,000 and eligible measures are free for owner-occupiers.
This means that you could get your home winter-ready and the ‘Cosy Homes in Lancashire’ initiative will pick up the bill to help you get warmer, and stay warmer in future for less money.
What improvements can you get with the grant?
If you and your property are eligible, the following energy efficient measures may be covered by the grant:
- Insulation (solid wall insulation, loft insulation, room in roof insulation and underfloor)
- Renewable heating technologies such as air source heat pumps
- Energy efficient external doors and window upgrades (single glazed to double glazed)
- Solar PV
Am I eligible for the grant?
A property qualifies if:
- There is no gas central heating - any other forms of heating would qualify
- It has an EPC of D, E, F or G
- Residential park homes are included in the grant scheme
A household qualifies if:
- The household income is less than £31,000 or
- In receipt of a means tested benefit or
- If your property is in an eligible post code area. No finance evidence would be required.
How do I apply?
- Apply online at www.chil.uk.com
- Call our local rate number 03306 061 488, so we can establish your eligibility and explain the process to you
Surveys will be carried out and no cost to you and by one of our expert council-approved energy and heating specialists. Following the survey, recommendations will be made to you about the most suitable energy efficiency improvements for your home to improve the thermal comfort and save you money on future energy bills.
About Cosy Homes in Lancashire (CHiL)
Cosy Homes in Lancashire (CHiL) provides you with access to cost effective ways of keeping your home warm whether you own or privately rent
CHiL is a partnership of the 15 Local Authorities in Lancashire, offering residents in the region access to energy efficiency grants, affordable heating solutions, energy advice and support on a range of money saving energy measures, to help you heat and insulate your home.
- For further information please visit the Cosy Homes in Lancashire (CHiL) website
- View our CHiL Statement of Intent
Last updated: 19 May 2023