If you are applying for a premises licence you must:
- Display an advert in a prominent position on or near the premise, clearly visible to the general public
- Advertise a notice of the application in a local newspaper, circulating in the vicinity of the premises
Downloadable templates for notices and advertisements in respect of new licence and licence variation applications.
- Premises Licence Grant / Vary Notice (DOC)
- Late Night Refreshment Notice (DOC)
- Street Cafe Notice (DOC)
- Minor Variation White Paper Notice (DOC)
- Minor variations - guidance to applicants for format of notice (DOC)
Advertising licence applications
For a period of no less than 28 consecutive days, starting on the day after the day on which the application was given to the Licensing Authority, the applicant must display a notice on the premises containing a summary of the application.
This shall set out matters including the name of the applicant, the premises address, proposed licensable activities and the proposed hours of opening.
The advertising notice should also contain information about where representations can be made or where the full details of applications can be viewed, ie Lancaster City Council, dates between which any interested parties are able to make a representation and a statement noting that it is an offence to knowingly make a false or reckless statement in connection to this application, to which a fine may be attached.
Other requirements of the advertisement are:
- The advert must be displayed on pale blue paper or card
- It must be a minimum of A4 or larger (preferably A3)
- Font size 16 (minimum)
- Font style Arial
The advert must be displayed in a prominent position on or near the premise, clearly visible to the general public.
The applicant must also advertise a notice of their application in a local newspaper, circulating in the vicinity of the premises.
The newspaper notice must be advertised at least once during a period of 10 working days, starting on the day after the application was made to the Licensing Authority.
Applicants are advised to contact the newspaper they intend to use before making application to check whether sufficient space is available for their notice to be advertised within the required period. The consultation period allowed in the newspaper notice must coincide with the expiry date for representations shown in the notice displayed on the premises.
Last updated: 30 April 2020