Morecambe Cemetery was opened in 1874 and is one of seven cemeteries operated by Lancaster City Council. The total area of the cemetery is approximately two acres containing areas for Church of England and Nonconformist burials.
The cemetery is open 24 hours, every day of the year.
Friends of Poulton Cemeteries was formed in November 2009 to assist in improvements to both Morecambe Cemetery and Morecambe Parish Churchyard. Anyone wishing to join this group should contact Rita Gerrard on 01524 426911 or by emailing email@example.com.
Green Flag Award
Following the formation of the Friends Group it was decided to submit an application for a Green Flag in 2010 for which we were successful.
Location of Morecambe Cemetery