Local land charges searches are searches that are carried out by a solicitor or licensed conveyancer acting on behalf of a person buying or selling land or property. The search is a series of standard questions designed to give any potential buyer as much information as possible about the property.
Submitting a local authority search electronically
We are currently connected to the National Land Information Service (NLIS) at Level 2. This means search requests can be submitted electronically using one of the licensed NLIS channels. Search replies are also returned electronically.
You can find out more about NLIS on their website www.nlis.org.uk or you can contact any of the licensed channels listed below:
Alternatively, to arrange a search, please contact us directly.
Services and fees
- View our Local Land Charges Search leaflet (PDF, 140KB)
- Charges for searches (PDF, 5KB)
- Local Land Charges - Services and fees (PDF, 73KB)
Local land charges - Personal search
A personal search is an inspection of the Local Land Charges Register.
- Personal searches can be carried out at 10am Monday to Friday by visiting Customer services, Lancaster Town Hall, Dalton Square, Lancaster.
- An appointment should be made at least 48 hours in advance, by telephoning 01524 582034.
- This appointment must then be confirmed by emailing the address and a plan of the property to email@example.com
- Searches are limited to 6 properties per day.
Last updated: 17 March 2016