Visit possibly the smallest museum in the North West! The wonderfully atmospheric Cottage Museum, facing Lancaster Castle and just a short walk from the Judges Lodgings Museum, is part of a 1739 house furnished as an artisan's house of around 1850.
For lots more information, please head on over to our Cottage Museum page at Visit Lancaster.
The museum provides an intimate glimpse of early Victorian life in a tiny and intriguing cottage. There are lots of opportunities to get hands-on during your visit but tread with care on the twisting staircases that unbelievably take you over five floors
- Closed for the winter season, back open April 2024.
- Adults: £1
- Concessions and Students: £0.75
- Children: Free
Because of the small size, twisting staircases and sloping floors much of the Cottage Museum is not accessible.
- View the Cottage Museum access statement
- Lancaster City Museum, Market Square, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1 1HT
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01524 64637
Last updated: 02 October 2023