Free to local residents (within the LA1 to LA6 postcode areas), otherwise:
- Adults £3
- Concessions £2
- Accompanied children free
The museum is open daily.
- Summer (1 April - 31 October): 10am – 4pm
- Winter (1 November - 31 March): 12pm – 4pm
Lancaster Maritime Museum occupies two historic buildings on St. George's Quay, the city's main 18th century harbour. It was opened in 1985 and has won many awards. The former Custom House of 1764, designed by Richard Gillow, contains displays on the history of the Port of Lancaster and the local fishing industry, with a gallery for exhibitions and the adjacent Warehouse introduces visitors to the Lancaster canal and early mediaeval Lancaster.
The Museum has a small tearoom (open 10:30am-3pm) and has toilets onsite. For more information, please head on over to the Maritime Museum Page on Visit Lancaster.
The museum is fully accessible to all visitors with lift access to the upper floors. We regret that on some occasions access to upper levels may need to be limited to ensure visitor safety in the event of an emergency. Please call or email the museum for more details before your visit.
- Lancaster Maritime Museum, Custom House, St George's Quay, Lancaster, LA1 1RB
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01524 382264
Events at Lancaster Maritime Museum
Last updated: 10 May 2022