Until 31 October 2021
- Open every day
- 10:00am to 4:00pm ((Please note that the last admission is 3:30pm and we will be closed between 12:30 and 1:30 for additional cleaning)
- No booking required (We will still need to collect your details for Test and Trace purposes).*
- All areas of the museum are open (The Tea Room remains closed until 19 July).
1 November 2021 to 31 March 2022
- Open every day
- 12:00pm (noon) to 4:00pm
*Your basic details will be collected for Test and Trace purposes for as long as it is required. They will be stored electronically and deleted securely after 21 days. If you do not wish to leave your details we can not enable entry to the museum.
Please see the web pages for our other museums to see their opening days and times, as each museum is different.
For more information, please head on over to the Maritime Museum Page on Visit Lancaster.
Lancaster Maritime Museum occupies two historic buildings on St. George's Quay, the city's main 18th century harbour.
It was opened in 1985 and has won many awards. The former Custom House of 1764, designed by Richard Gillow, contains displays on the history of the Port of Lancaster and the local fishing industry, with a gallery for exhibitions.
In the adjacent warehouse are displays on the Lancaster Canal and the ecology of Morecambe Bay.
Several preserved vessels are also displayed, including 'Sir William Priestley' and 'Coronation Rose'.
There is a cafeteria and shop and parking is available at the rear.
Free to local residents (within the LA1 to LA6 postcode areas), otherwise:
- Adults £3
- Concessions £2
- Accompanied children free
The museum is open daily.
- Summer (1 April - 31 October): 10am – 4pm
- Winter (1 November - 31 March): 12pm – 4pm
The museum is fully accessible to all visitors with lift access to the upper floors. We regret that on some occasions access to upper levels may need to be limited to ensure visitor safety in the event of an emergency. Please call or email the museum for more details before your visit.
Friends of Lancaster Maritime Museum
- Lancaster Maritime Museum, Custom House, St George's Quay, Lancaster, LA1 1RB
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01524 382264
Events at Lancaster Maritime Museum
Last updated: 22 June 2021