> | Accessibility: Graphical | Text sizes: X X X | Help | Site Map | Contact | Cookies | Mobile

A to Z of Council Services:

You are here: Home > Transport and Travel > Parking > Parking permits

Parking permits

Information about car park permits, tradesperson's permits, and Lancaster pedestrian zone parking permits.

Car park permits for Lancaster and Morecambe

To apply for (or renew) a car park permit in Lancaster and Morecambe please download and complete the relevant form below. 

Please note that 5 day permits are for Monday to Friday parking only.

How to pay

You can pay for your car park permit by:

  • Direct debit - Please sign and return an original copy of our direct debit mandate (payments are debited over 10 months from April to January)
  • Credit or debit card - call us on 01524 582957 to make a payment
  • Cheque made payable to Lancaster City Council

Apply for a refund

Tradesperson's parking permit

This permit allows tradespeople to park in any on-street residents' parking zone, or any on-street pay and display parking bay in Lancaster or Morecambe.

Lancaster pedestrian zone parking permits

Pedestrian zone parking permits are only available to disabled persons and to tradespeople.

Disabled person's permit - Permit A*

Permit A is for use in the pedestrianised zone at Lancaster only. It is issued to disabled badge holders over 65 years of age and to disabled badge holders under 65 who are exempt from vehicle tax. Permit A should be displayed with the disabled badge and clock whilst parking in a disabled parking space in the pedestrianised zone at Lancaster.

Tradesperson’s permit for emergency works only - Permit B*

Permit B is for use in the pedestrianised zone at Lancaster only - Cheapside, Market Square, Market Street, New Street, New Square and Penny Street (between Cheapside and Common Garden Street). It is issued to tradespeople who require access to the pedestrianised zone between 10.30am and 4.30pm to undertake emergency works. Permit B is not issued as a parking permit. The permit may only be used to take building materials etc. into the zone and a vehicle should not be left in the zone unless it is absolutely necessary to do so.





01524 582957

rating icon

Feedback on this webpage

Help us help you by commenting or rating this webpage.

email icon

Email this webpage to a friend

Send a link to this webpage with a summary to a friend.