Wash it and squash it!
Remember to wash it and squash it to make room in your bins and boxes!
- We provide a fortnightly recycling collection service to the majority of properties in the Lancaster district
- To guarantee a collection, your recycling should be at the kerbside (or collection point) by 7am on your collection day
- Please ensure you have the correct recycling bins or boxes
What can I put in my recycling bins/boxes?
If you have wheelie bins for recycling
- Red lid wheelie bin – mixed recyclables, cans, glass, plastic bottles, tubs and trays
- Yellow lid wheelie bin – paper and cardboard
If you have boxes for recycling
The colour of your recycling boxes is not important - just ensure the items are separated as shown:
- Box 1 – mixed recyclables, cans, glass, plastic bottles, tubs and trays
- Box 2 – paper and cardboard
Frequently asked questions
Last updated: 02 August 2023